My Childhood bed

When I was little, I just couldn’t live without princess canopy bed. I was much more girly then. I was the only girl in my family so I would be as girly as I could.

My bed was the most beautiful bed ever; and so comfortable too. I remember that my mattress was pink too.  Everything was. It was required by my laws of pink.

I also remember that it had “Cinderella’s carriage” type structure, with bars over head that were in a dome shape. Wrapped around the bars was pretty pink lace. To finish the princess feel, a beautiful canopy lay around my bed. With sparkles in the fabric.

While I had my bed, I swung like a monkey all the time. Without a care in the world. I also use to have tea parties with my dog- even though he is a boy. Aways having wonder filled princess dreams in my princess bed to make me feel like a princess. 

Of coarse, I turned 7 and became way to cool for ”princessy stuff”. I had the best princess bed I could have dreamed for, while I wanted it.

Image credit: Princess bed. Digital image. web. Miskellys.com 10 april 2014

Read 3 comments

1. Dear Sydney,
    I want one of these!!! I’d never seen or heard of them before I read your post and now I can totally imagine how much fun it must have been.

I also liked the way you said “my laws of pink”. That made me smile and laugh. We all have laws, don’t we. I know I’m sort of crazy over dogs and love all things that have to do with my dog.

You’ve got a terrific writing style and it is very clear. Everything is well organized so it’s easy to read and your writing voice makes the article fun. Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Ratzel

2. “Aways having wonder filled princess dreams in my princess bed to make me feel like a princess.”

Effective use of repetition here, Sydney. Your use of the word princess three times helps us feel the delight you took in that fantasy.

Excellent job organizing your thoughts in this post :- )